Saturday, January 5, 2013

Molecules are sexy

What is up, guys and dolls? This is your Captain speaking.

As of yesterday, I began plotting how I can possibly crash into Space City Con this coming August. I will most definitely be attending Trek Expo in June though, but the ever so cunning John DeLancie (TNG's Q, MLP's Discord) is going to be at Space City and I must meet the almighty DeLancie (he has magical powers IRL, ya know - just ask Garrett Wang). Speaking of Garrett Wang, if you've never heard of Cosmic City Tees, you should totally get your geeky butt over there and look at their stuff. Garrett went in with a couple of guys from Tulsa, OK a couple of years ago and created this totally amazing company that creates original geeky tees - including the exclusive Power of DeLancie tee! (< See what I did there? Heh.)

Dalek Chick and I officially met at 2012 Trek Expo, though we met on Facebook previously just after the 2011 Expo through various picture tags and just all-out awesomeness. Trek Expo is a smaller convention comparatively, but that's what makes it so fun; it's a very close-knit and intimate group of people and in the three years I've attended so far, I've made a ton of new amazing friends. Last year at the Supper with the Stars, I got to sit at a table with Michael Hogan (BSG's Col. Tigh) and he and Kate Vernon (BSG's Mrs. Tigh) decided to cheat on the trivia game we played when they couldn't remember the answer to a BSG-themed question and called director Michael Rymer, and when he didn't answer, they opted to call Edward James Olmos (BSG's Commander Adama) instead. After dinner, Dalek Chick and I hung out in the hotel's bar with the Cosmic City guys and a few other friends. It was truly a blast and I look forward to creating more fun memories this year.

All last night and part of this morning I came up with a rough draft of a logo for the blog! Please, no judging; it's just the first draft.


Soon, I'll be working on a revision and making it look more awesome. Monday I've got to make a supply run (of the crafty sort), so hopefully soon after that, I should have a second draft to show off.

Till then, stay shiny and solemnly swear to be up to no good.

- Capt. Shinypants

0 comments:

Post a Comment