Saturday, March 1, 2014

Computer Issues

Howdy friends and fiends! If the formatting of this post seems a bit off, you'll need to forgive me. My computer is out of comission at the moment and I'm using a PS Vita to write this.

YAY TECHNOLOGY!

While waiting to be able to replace the screen, I decided to clean it out this past Wednesday. Armed with my screwdrivers and canned air, I carefully disassembled my laptop and gave it a much-needed cleaning; three years-worth of dust gone in a few puffs of canned air. Puffs, not huffs. Big difference there.

Now if you have insurance on yours, it's still under warranty, or you just don't trust yourself not to break something, then by all means take your machine to a professional. Personally, I just prefer to learn how to repair and/or clean my stuff - it comes in handy when you're on a tight budget and an unexpected 'uh-oh' occurs. Many times it's less costly to do the repair yourself if you know how to properly do it.

If you have any inquiries, ask away. I may not know all the answers, but I can definitely try to get the ones you're looking for if you need help. And never forget the cardinal rule for working on ANY electonic device: ALWAYS disconnect the power supply, whether it's a cord or a battery. You want to shock yourself with your abilities, not with electricity.

0 comments:

Post a Comment