Saturday, March 15, 2014

Book Pile

Computer is still out of commission, so my apologies for any bizarre formatting. :)

I'm having a bit of writer's block this week. I remembered this morning that oh yeah, I still need to write something. Then inspiration struck in the form of a pile of books: my to-read stack that's been accumulating since last summer. So far, I've read six:

Under the Dome - Stephen King
Cell - Stephen King
Christine - Stephen King
The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy (first book only) - Douglas Adams
Parasite - Mira Grant
The Princess Bride (including Buttercup's Baby) - William Goldman

I'm currently in the middle of Sir Arthur Conan Doyle's The Adventures of Sherlock Holmes.

Still left in my to-read pile (in no particular order):

The Picture of Dorian Gray - Oscar Wilde
Frankenstein - Mary Shelley
The Strange Case of Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde - Robert Louis Stevenson
A Tale of Two Cities (this one's a re-read) - Charles Dickens
Great Expectations - Charles Dickens
By the Light of the Moon - Dean Kootz
The Time Machine/The Island of Dr. Moreau/The Invisible Man/The War of the Worlds/The First Men in the Moon/The Food of the Gods/In the Days of the Comet (these are all in one big book) - H.G. Wells
The Shining - Stephen King
Around the World in 80 Days - Jules Verne
The League of Extraordinary Gentlemen (omnibus) - Alan Moore & Kevin O'Neill
Aesop's Fables
The Ultimate Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy (a gift from a friend upon hearing I'd only read the first book)

What's in your to-read pile or list? Comment below! I look forward to seeing what literature you guys are exploring.

0 comments:

Post a Comment