Saturday, March 2, 2013

Geeky Links 2.0

Dalek Chick shared some of her favorite links last month. Now it's my turn:

Star Trek Actor Appearances: This blog primarily lists con appearances for various actors who have appeared on Star Trek. They also list appearances for: Battlestar Galactica, Doctor Who, Firefly, Lost, Star Wars, and Stargate.

The Max Retropub: This is possibly the coolest bar in Tulsa, OK. It's 80's-themed, right down to the drinks, and it's full of old arcade games. It's located in the Blue Dome District downtown on S. Elgin. If you're ever in the neighborhood, that is definitely a place you'll wanna check out. They always announce events on their page, so be sure to "like" it for updates.

Cosmic City*: These guys are awesome. The idea for this company started in 2010 at a con in Tulsa, OK known as Trek Expo between two local guys, Aaron Bossig and Eddie Turner, and Garrett Wang (yes, that Garrett Wang). All of their prints are 100% original, especially the Trek Expo staple "Power of DeLancie" design.

Manu Intiraymi Official Fan Page: Early on in February, I had the pleasure of interviewing Manu. He's always interacting with his fans and posting crazy pictures (have you seen the blue hair yet?) and he's just an all-around good guy.

Garrett Wang Official Fan Page: And, of course, I can't post one without the other. Garrett has graciously accepted my challenge of an Uno war at Trek Expo in June, so I gotta give him props. He's got guts, but I'm afraid he'll have to experience losing to a girl, muahahaha!

Klingon Curses and Insults: I believe I originally came across this via Twitter, but it gives you 12 curses and insults and their [general] meanings. Study up!

Bad Translator: This site isn't necessarily geeky, but you can use it to translate some of your favorite Sci-fi quotes into blithering drivel, such as: "Admiral! There be whales here!" becomes "This area is the Admiral."

Big Bang Transcripts: This person...I admire this person SO much! They have transcribed every single episode up to the most recently aired. So you could literally get some friends together, pick a favorite and re-enact the whole thing, word-for-word. You could do the whole series if you wanted to. Or, you know, you could just use it to make sure you're quoting accurately.

The Zombie Factor: And last, but not least, for the zombie enthusiasts out there, Trek Radio's DJ Atomos shared this little gem with me: it's an indie zombie reality show. The potential for this is just amazing and I hope someone does have the brains (pun intended) to pick it up and give it a shot (pun not intended, but I'll take it).

*I know, I know...Dalek Chick shared Cosmic City in her post. I'm well aware.

BRIEF EDIT:

This was released Thursday night/Friday morning and I wanted to share it with all of you because it looks like it's going to be an awesome movie. Now presenting the trailer for 5th Passenger, featuring Star Trek: Voyager's Manu Intiraymi and Tim Russ:


5th Passenger - Official Trailer - HD from scott baker on Vimeo.

0 comments:

Post a Comment