Saturday, August 3, 2013

Space City Con - Houston, TX

By the time this post goes live, Space City will be in full swing. I cannot tell you all how excited I am to kick off my vacation with a con (afterwards: chilling on the beach all week)! And I won't have my laptop with me, so if you want to ask questions about the con, tweet at me (@teh_cheekster) or Dalek Chick (@TXTrekkie_Gurl).

I have autograph tickets for John DeLancie (that autograph is all for me :D) and one for Jewel Staite (for an adorable little Browncoat I know). I also look forward to finally meeting J.G. Hertzler - he likes to poke at me on Facebook, I throw virtual Tribbles...classic Hooman/Klingon dispute there - and seeing Manu Intiraymi again (first met at Trek Expo in 2011; did an interview with him back in February).

At 6pm CST Friday evening on the bridge of the Enterprise D there will be a wedding and all guests of the convention are invited to attend! SO EXCITING! Big congratulations to Amanda and Daniel as well as a big thank you for sharing your special day with all of us.

One event Dalek Chick and I are most eager to participate in is Tribble Warfare. It sounds like so much fun: you visit either the Klingon Embassy table or the Starfleet Embassy table for a map and clues to finding each of the 13 hidden Tribbles. Once you find one, you take it back to your preferred Embassy Table - the faction with the most Tribbles wins. BUT the person who finds the 14th Tribble wins a special prize from the Starfleet/Klingon fan clubs.

DC and I (mostly DC) will be live tweeting throughout the weekend, so be sure to follow us (Twitter handles mentioned above), and we will have plenty of pictures for you guys to look at. Also, if you'll be attending and you see us PLEASE SAY HI! We don't bite...hard lol

0 comments:

Post a Comment