Saturday, July 27, 2013

TARDIS Garment Bag

Hello Fellow Geeks and Geekettes!

    Capt Shinypants and I are running around like chickens with their head cut off, trying to get ready for SpaceCity Con!  Yes, that’s right Geeky Adventure will be attending Space City Con down in Houston, TX!  I of course will be live tweeting starting Thursday Aug 1st as I will be going to NASA Space Center in Houston also!


As for Today post, I decide to show you my process on how I converted my old band garment bag into a TARDIS Garment bag! 


Things you will need
  • Blue Garment Bag
  • Black felt
  • White Felt
  • Black Sharpie
  • Scissors
  • Tacky Glue 
  • Straight pins
  • Computer
  • Paper

First I gather the supplies, I did not use all what I have in this picture, and yes I did add things, this was my first time doing things so it was trial and error.




 Second step was to lay the black felt  at the top and use a white pencil to trace the edge of the bag, after I did that I cut it out and laid it on the bag to see how it looked.




Once I figure out how I wanted it , I printed out Police Public Call Box , cut that up and trace them on them onto the white felt.

This took some time but once I trace and cut, I laid them on to top part of the two black felt pieces I cut earlier. Now I have yet glue the black felt to the bag yet, so I use some straight pins to pin it to the bag so it won't move while I laid on the pieces and one by on glue each to the black felt.  
Next came the windows, Now I need to cover up my old band logo and my name on the bag so I decide to do a black background with the white windows. Now I should I measure the windows but I just a found something  laying around to measure the window and cut all the windows out. Glue them to the black felt then to the garment bag. At this time I also glue the top part to the bag also. 
The next tricky thing was the little white box on the left side that  says For public use.... What I ended up doing was printing out the whole wording, I then use the front of my computer screen  as like light box and carefully trace all the letter on to the white felt. 


Once I  finish I cut it out and glued it to the bag and VOILA! I now have a TARDIS Garment Bag for all of my cosplays for when I travel!
 Of course it always bigger in the inside! 
Please if  you see either Capt Shinypants or I at Space City Con don't be shy come say hi!  I promise we don't bite .... hard. 

Stay geeky - DalekChick

0 comments:

Post a Comment