Saturday, May 31, 2014

Pros and Con of Dallas Comic Con

Hello Fellow Geeks, and Geekettes,
  As ya’ll recently know I went to Dallas comicCon. I am going to  take  the idea of  My Geeky Geeky ways blog and write  down pros and cons.

PROS

Venue:
 It was very nice and big place that was a bonus, even during peak hours I could still move around.  There was plenty of places to sit down , and charge your phone. I also really enjoy the fact you had Choices in food! IT wasn't just the 3 little concessions stands with just hot dog, hamburger and nachos anymore.   Friday I had a hot dog, Saturday I had chef salad, and Sunday I had a pretzel.  

Other means of arrival and lines:
It was so nice not getting up at the crack of dawn so we can leave and get to the Venue   2 to 3 hours early just to get a decent parking spot. We just hop onto the DART (Local Train sort of like the subway in New York) , walk right in and didn’t have to wait inline. Now If you did get there early the line to get in was indoors, with a/c , which  all the Cosplayers loved!

Cosplay Hideaway:
             Thank you to North Texas cosplay for having a special room off to the side of the venue for us cosplayers who need a break. They had Water, anything you can think of to repair your costume, and table to sit and seat in peace. Nothing like taking a bite of food and  get ask for a photo.

CONS:

Price:
            Everything was higher and   they started to change and charge of things I’ve never paid before. Now I was expecting the ticket prices to be a bit higher because they did move to a bigger place. But VIP triple in price and the premium was double the price from last year.  They also lied about some of the autographs prices, Nathan Fillion Price online was $70 and at the convention it was $80. Also they CHARGED for the TNG panel. To get front row seat was $150 and to get just a general Admission seat was $20. That was on top on you tickets to get in

Security:
             I never saw a single cop at the weapons check booth. I never saw Paramedics, Firefighters or Police officers walking around the convention floor like I have in the past at the Irving convention floor. The first add station was behind the photo op around and on a Saturday mid day like you will actually get back there easily.


In all, I had fun but most won’t be back next year unless they announce an amazing star.  If they will learn not to nickel and dime people I think this Con will even better .

~ Dalekchick

0 comments:

Post a Comment