Saturday, September 14, 2013

My Top 5 Favorite Couples' Cosplay Ideas

Con-hopping: the favorite pastime for many geeks all over the world. But sometimes it's dangerous to go alone! These are my top 5 picks for cosplaying couples:


5. Han Solo & Leia Organa


This cosplay has been done so many times, yet it never really gets old. This is possibly the most iconic geek couple of all-time, so why wouldn't you cosplay Han and Leia at some point?


4. Harley Quinn & The Joker


The couple who slays together, stays together, right? Well, at least for these two it's true. There have been many variations on this particular idea, and it seems like people have a lot of fun with it.


3. Link & Zelda


 
I've come across more Link and Zelda cosplays than Mario and Peach, so they win out for me as a top couples' cosplay idea. Everybody who's anybody who's ever played a video game EVER knows who Link and Zelda are.


2. Peter Venkman & Dana (Zuul)


I Googled this one and I've seen a very small handful, but I don't understand why this one isn't more popular! Every geek knows the quote: "There is no Dana. Only Zuul." Now go start your sewing machines, you know you want to do this one now.


1. Buttercup & Westley


There have seen many decent attempts, but I have yet to come across a spot-on couple cosplaying as Buttercup and Westley. And I don't just mean getting hair and mannerisms just right; I'd love to see a Buttercup with an elaborate haute couture gown that could almost pass for being the original, or even lowly peasant Buttercup and Westley.


What are some of your favorite couple cosplays? Share your faves in the comments below!

0 comments:

Post a Comment