Saturday, May 25, 2013

DCC13 Recap: Shiny! Let's be geeky!

So this year was my first year attending Dallas Comic Con and I must say I had a BLAST! Granted, all of us were sad that Nathan Fillion had to cancel due to a "swollen and gross" right eye (his words, not mine), but it was still a fun time. I was only able to attend on Saturday, due to a prior personal engagement, but my partner-in-crime, Dalek Chick, attended all three days AND got to interview the hero of Canton himself: Adam Baldwin.

Adam signing autographs and talking with fans.




Luckily, I got there fairly early and was able to wait in line on the bottom level of the parking garage; as more people arrived, the line wound up the garage and around the exterior of the Irving Convention Center. Once I got in, it wasn't too horribly crowded. I went up to each floor to look around and see where everyone was set up. By the time I headed back down to the first floor, it looked like this:

And people were STILL pouring in the doors.

At one point, DC and I headed outside to the makeshift picnic area to sit and talk and, well, eat. As we headed back inside, I caught Iron Man, donning the Mark 6 suit variation, and Bane plotting something:

"Yes, Mr. Stark. You have my permission to fly."
I also happened to catch the perfect Vadering picture. If you're not familiar with this particular meme, it's like Planking, only way more awesome. See for yourself:

"There is no escape. Don't make me destroy you." - Vader
I spent a good deal of time in the dealer's room on the first floor simply because it was so insanely crowded. However, I did manage to catch the Q&A with Kevin Conroy, the voice of Batman in the animated series as well as the Arkham video games. He told about being at Julliard and having crazy roommates: Kelsey Grammer and Robin Williams. During the Q&A portion, someone asked if he remembered filming a Warner Brothers Kids bumper in which he sang the Jigglypuff song. He kindly apologized and said he did not, so the young man asked him to say Jigglypuff three times in Batman's voice; Conroy obliged. And by the way, here's that WB Kids bumper:



I also had fun getting to see some familiar faces from Trek Expo and catching up with those friends, especially since Trek Expo won't be happening this year (no, I don't know why; no one knows why).

Next stop: Space City Con in Houston, TX coming up August 2-4.

If you'd like to see more pics from Dallas Comic Con 2013, check out the ones Dalek Chick took.

* ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ *~* ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ *~ *

Friends and fiends! The Enterprise D bridge restoration crew needs your help to get to Star Trek: Las Vegas in August. There is a graph to show you how the money will be spent and varying donation amounts get special perks courtesy of Trek Radio. Check it out and donate if you can: Experience the Enterprise

0 comments:

Post a Comment