Saturday, September 5, 2015

Book Pile - Update 2.0

This has been a not-so-great week for me, guys. I've been home from work all week with a pulled muscle in the right side of my chest, and being that I work in retail in the stock room constantly lifting boxes, my body chose not to cooperate with my job, so I opted to take a few days off and rest and not do much of anything. However, by the time this posts I will be an hour away from getting off work for the day, so hopefully my first day back after an unwanted "staycation" won't be horribly painful.

In the meantime, I discovered it's been nearly a year since I last made an update on Book Mountain, and upon finishing one book and subsequently starting another, I figured it's a good time to do so.

I just finished with The Inferno by Dante Alighieri and began Something Wicked This Way Comes by Ray Bradbury. Books before those:

Wicked, Son of a Witch,  A Lion Among Men, and Out of Oz - Gregory Maguire
The Ultimate Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy (five novels and one story) - Douglas Adams
The Servants of Twilight, Darkfall, and Phantoms (three-in-one) - Dean Koontz

Still in the pile:

A Tale of Two Cities - Charles Dickens
Great Expectations - Charles Dickens
 The Time Machine/The Island of Dr. Moreau/The Invisible Man/The War of the Worlds/The First Men in the Moon/The Food of the Gods/In the Days of the Comet - H.G. Wells
Around the World in 80 Days - Jules Verne
Aesop's Fables
The Winter's Tale - William Shakespeare
Classic Fairy Tales - Hans Christian Anderson
Great Tales of Horror - H.P. Lovecraft
Complete Tales and Poems - Edgar Allen Poe
Joss Whedon: The Biography - Amy Pascale
As You Wish: Inconceivable Tales from the Making of The Princess Bride - Cary Elwes


So I've slowed a bit in adding books to the pile, but that's how life goes when you have to be a responsible adult and pay bills and buy food instead of feeding your indulgences. However, my birthday and Christmas are coming up in a few months, so when asked for gift ideas I can always rattle off a few book titles - and while I do enjoy a crisp new book, there's absolutely nothing wrong with buying second-hand as long as no pages are missing and it's readable.

You folks keep your E-readers, I'll stick with my tangible books and novels.

0 comments:

Post a Comment