Saturday, August 22, 2015

Song Dedication

via Ernie Halter fan page on Facebook
 
Have you ever wanted to write a song for the love of your life, or for your arch nemesis, or even for your best friend in the whole wide world, but find it hard to put into words just how much you love/despise/enjoy that person? Never fear! Ernie Halter is helping people make it happen.

Thursday evening I logged into my Twitter account and noticed I had some new followers. While I do not insta-follow every single person who follows me, I do return-follow the people I find interesting - lucky person of the evening was Mr. Ernie Halter. I must admit I'd never heard of him before the other night, but I noticed he had a little blue verified check on his profile, so I did my usual checking to see what that was about and discovered he had a website and that his biography said he was a musician.

Now, for every musical artist or group that has followed me, I do really go listen to some of your stuff. If it just doesn't catch my interest, then I don't return the follow. I don't believe in following any account "just because"; all of the people I follow interest me in one way or another, whether I admire their talents or I like what they have to say or if we're really good friends. Asking/begging me to follow you definitely results in not being followed also. Same for people who decide to unfollow after I follow - that's just greedy and shady. Just being straightforward there, but I digress.

So, I visited his website and gave him a listen, and I liked what I heard. Then I began clicking around and reading various little tidbits and facts as I listened and discovered the coolest thing: he will collaborate with you [for a fee] to write a custom song for someone, anyone of your choosing. He will work with you to get everything just right, from the genre and the lyrics to the feeling and the sound. You can even choose an option that offers your own private performance of the song, though the fee listed is for a certain distance from his home, and anything further than that will obviously cost more for travel expenses.

He also has a 52 Songs Club - 52 songs in 52 weeks.

I highly suggest you go check out his site: erniehalter.com 
Like his page: Ernie Halter on Facebook
Follow his profile: Ernie Halter on Twitter 

0 comments:

Post a Comment